EN-71 Kids Toys Sharp Edge Test Testing Equipment
The sharp edge tester confirms to the standard of ASTM F963 and
EN-71. It is used to check whether the Children's Products like the
toys have the sharp edge which may hurt the children who are under
It is easy to carry for its small size.
It can be fixed quickly. So it is convenient to use it at any place
in any time.
There are three testing switches of this device. Handle switch is
use when the device is not fixed while the Panel switch and Foot
Switch are used when the device is fixed.
There are two ways to ensure the torque. Both the pointer and the
pilot lamp will display the value of the torque. Thus the accuracy
of the torque can be achieved.
1. Fix the testing sample and make sure the edge of the samples can
not be moved or bended.
2. The thickness of overlapping gummed paper cannot exceed 0.1
3. The angle of the tester and the edge of the sample is 90°±5°.
4. The testing position should be the sharpest parts of the sample.
5. The force should be adjusted to 1.35LBS.
6. Use the ruler to measure the cut length. If the length exceeds
0.5 inch, the edge is the sharp one.